Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Firefighting-Ballerina's

I'm sure all of you have been asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Recently I have been feeling like it is a daily question.

Have you ever asked a little child the same question? Children live for this question. They either prepare their answers days in advance or they make it up right on the spot.

Little boys will usually tell you "I want to be a police officer!" or "I want to be a firefighter!" when you ask them why they want to be those things they will usually tell you, "because they save lives!" which is so heart warming. 

From my own personal experience I have found that girls generally give better answers to the question:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"Well I want to be a horse rider, but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, then on the Weekends like Saturday and Sunday I want to be a Ballerina and a Mother, then on Monday Wednesday and Friday I want to be a Veterinarian so I can save animals lives because I love horses."

See? Females have always been way more creative.

Obviously there's a shift between being a little kid and becoming a teenager (yeah, I know, puberty but that's not what I'm talking about here!) I guess we just become exposed to the real world, and the harsh reality of growing up. We can't have three or four jobs every week, and we can't pick a career just to save lives, we have to start thinking about what kind of schooling we'll need, how much money we'll make, if we can afford a place to live on that salary, are we going to have to get another job?

I refuse to fall into that way of thinking. Maybe it's extremely naive of me, but I refuse to think that a high-paying job is the only thing that'll make me happy in this world, and that's what I want to be, I just want to be happy when I grow up.

So maybe I won't become extremely rich and live in a penthouse, maybe I'll spend my life backpacking through Europe and Asia writing a blog about my travels and never make a dime, but I'll be happy and that's all that matters.

Diamonds, go back to being young again. Dream big. Rescue people. Find four different jobs. Just be happy, and if all else fails, marry rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment